Grace Lutheran School | Education
Grace Lutheran School has been empowering young minds for Leadership, Discipleship, and Innovative Thinking for today's challenges and tomorrows opportunities in the community of Huntsville since 1964.
Grace Lutheran School is an integral part of the total ministry of Grace Lutheran Church; therefore, we believe the following:
- Providing a place where students feel comfortable, safe and accepted.
- Promote open communication between parents, teachers, and students.
- View each Child as a precious gift from God and is His unique creation.
- Are concerned with the child's total needs physical, emotional, and spiritual.
- Providing servant leadership opportunities for students to be active participants in their community.
- Engaging students through multiple learning modules that work on a student's kinesthetic, tactile, visual and auditorial strenghts.
Our mission is to share the message of salvation through Jesus Christ; to prepare children for today's challenges and tomorrow's opportunities, and to equip children with the tools necessary for success.
An Exceptional Education on a Christian Foundation
How do we accomplish our Objectives?
Staff – our Exemplary Staff
- Focuses on increasing student growth and academic achievement with instruction methods that reflect research and proven effective classroom practices.
- Collaborates to improve student learning.
- Views the pupil through the cross of Christ, by being concerned with the child’s total needs physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual.
- Encourages, trains, and equips young people to live faithful lives. (Ecclesiastes 11:9-10)
- Inspires God’s children to share their faith naturally and eagerly (Acts 4:19-20)
- Models professionalism through integrity, commitment, and ethical behavior.
Academics – Our Academic Excellence is based on the following foundation:
- Utilizes the curriculum to promote intellectual curiosity, cognitive growth, self-actualization, self expression, optimal development, social growth, moral development, character, and natural learning.
- Engages students through multiple learning modules that work on a student’s kinesthetic, tactile, visual, and auditory strengths.
- Utilizes 21st Century technology in our courses of study such as but not limited to: Smartboard, ELMO, Smart Response Systems, Robotics, and the like.
- Utilizes hands on laboratory learning in science and technology.
- Develops servant leadership opportunities for students to be active participants in their faith walk with Christ.
Students – Because we uphold our students to a higher standard:
- Accepts responsibility for their learning and actions.
- Sets their own challenging goals and give their best effort to achieve academic excellence.
- Encourages and uplifts one another by being considerate, responsible and committed. (Hebrews 10:23-25)
- Becomes involved in school and community service. (Romans 12:1)
Parents – Because we believe in a partnership:
- Form partnerships with teachers to demonstrate the importance of education.
(1 Timothy 4:12)
- Are supportive of the school’s vision, goals, and mission.
- Play an active role in the academic and character development of their child.
- Monitor their child’s academic progress.
- Are actively seeking ways to be involved in the school by volunteering their time and/or talents.