Couple wakes up to house fire overnight | News
HUNTSVILLE, AL (WAFF)- A home on Haynes Ave. in Huntsville caught fire just after 1 a.m. Wednesday.
Joe Mirandy and his wife were asleep inside, but they both got out. Neither were injured, but three cats died in the fire.
Huntsville firefighters said the fire left major damage to the back of the house, the kitchen and the garage.
Firefighters have not determined what started the fire.
Mirandy thinks an electrical problem sparked the fire because he just upgraded his electrical system. An inspector came out early Wednesday morning to check the garage for a possible cause.
The Mirandys have lived in the house for 25 years, and Joe works for NASA.
Copyright 2012 WAFF. All rights reserved.